Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Rule - Date #1

This is bad. Last night, I went out on my first date since the start of my soulmate search and what happened? It sent me reeling into "ex" land. If it weren't for my self-imposed "Wait for 24-hours Before Doing Anything Stupid" rule, I'd probably have dialed his number before even getting back into my house.

Not that my date wasn't perfectly nice. In fact, while sitting at the bar in a trendy, nuevo-Latino joint, he went on about just what a nice guy he was. He even gave an example. It occurred near the end of his recent ski trip to Colorado. He'd arranged for a taxi to take him back to the airport, but an hour or so before it was scheduled to arrive, a friend offered to give him a lift. Did my date take the free ride and save $178? Nope, because it would have meant stiffing the taxi driver out of an afternoon's worth of work.

What a nice thing to do, no doubt about it. Plus, without being crass, he let me know that he's loaded. So why did going out with him make me miss my ex more than I have in a long time?

Probably for any number of unhealthy reasons. But I think a friend explained it best. Your ex is your pint of chocolate chip ice cream. If you had eating issues, you'd be heading to the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment