Monday, January 4, 2010

Feet

After two marriages, a good dozen boyfriends, who knows how many misadventures (at least they weren’t missed), and eighteen up and down months of trying to twist my mind around the fact that the current man I’m “in love” is Mr. Wrong, I’ve decided it’s time to seriously search for my soulmate.

No more lazing about watching Fate while away. No more hiding behind this excuse or that. I have a choice. I can take action. And I will, starting now, every day for a year. Even on days like today, when I’m stuck at home working, I can still do something.

So I begin.

My girlfriend, Kimberly, who last month celebrated her second anniversary to her third husband, recently gave me a book titled, 101 Ways to Get and Keep His Attention. I open the book at random and land on #12: “Feet…Are they clean and neatly manicured, or are they hard, calloused, and looking worse for wear?..Just remember, if you don’t take good care of yourself, who will?

Enough said. It may not sound like a big deal, but as the ancient Chinese philosopher Lao Tzu once said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” I can tell you right now, mine is going to be redolent with Intensive Moisturizing Foot Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment