Sunday, January 10, 2010

Geometric Proof

Enough dithering. I can journey internally and externally and neither need preclude my search. In fact, I'm wondering whether my talk is serving as a smoke screen - to avoid having to step into the internet dating world.

I've largely avoided it so far - either being introduced to the men I've gotten involved with since my divorce, or met them in the course of daily life.

But "searching" implies action. There are lots of ways to act and I can try them all, but the one right at my fingertips, literally is internet dating.

I signed up on one site awhile go and have garnered some attention. But I don't respond. Probably because I figure the men tagging me as a favorite, must be losers if they need to meet people via the internet. Of course, the corollary to that is that I'm a loser if I'm internet dating, which is far more difficult to admit.

Unless I flip it around. Influenced by my son's geometry class, I could prove that if one is a loser, it is less fun to be a lonely loser than a loser who's meeting new people, doing new things, at which point one is no longer a loser.

No comments:

Post a Comment