Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tantric Sex - Date #3

Went out with Date #3 last night. On the plus side, where we met, The Park Grill, overlooking Millennium Park's ice skating rink, is a pleasant place. Too, he said I look better in person than in my photo. And he also said I have a sexy walk.

On the other hand, the first thing he wanted to know was which high school I went to. Then he noted that we're both Aries. And pretty soon after that, he listed his deal-breakers: 1) if our sons didn't get along; and 2) if I didn't share his interest in tantric sex i.e. "reaching the attainment of ecstasy through esoteric, sometimes erotic techniques."

He agreed that we should hold off on introducing our kids. But he thought we should confront #2 straightaway. In fact, next time we met, he'd bring his copy of "Knowing God Through Tantric Sex" so I could see for myself what he was talking about. "See" being the operative word, since I'm pretty sure the tome is largely a picture book of naked men and women cavorting about.

Now I'm definitely open to the idea that there is a spiritual link to human intimacy. But do I really want to sit with a stranger and peer at pictures of couples going at it in weird positions? No thanks.

But did I did tell him that? Nope. Even when he asked whether I found him attractive, I didn't answer truthfully, instead saying something vague like, 'it takes me time to be attracted to someone," and 'I need to go slow.' His response: 'Can I have a kiss?"

Of course the guy had some nice qualities. Like after I told him I had to go, he offered to walk me home. I acted as that was okay until I saw my bus. Then I made a dash for it without even offering a proper goodbye.

As it turned out, it was the wrong bus. A few minutes later, while standing at a bus shelter waiting for the right one, I called my friend who met his girlfriend on J-Date. "At least you're out there," he said after I told him about the evening. Then he repeated it again, just in case I hadn't heard.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH, THIS IS HILARIOUS! WHAT A TRIP;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tantric Sex????????????? On a firwt date??????
    C'mon. Too weird for me. I woul have said that #2 was a deal breaker for me - any discussions of tantric sex in my book, should come after - way after - the kids meet.
    Keep writing. This is great.

    ReplyDelete