Saturday, February 20, 2010

Born Again - Date #8

After dinner on Friday with Date #8, who became a born-again Christian when his son aimed a rifle at him and said he was going to shoot; and after waking up last night in the middle of a dream in which Date #7 admitted he was married, I think I'm getting the signal. It's time to change tactics. It's time to end my foray into online dating.

I know it's terrific for some people. Like the couple at the Bar Mitzvah party on Saturday. They met six weeks ago on Match, and there they were, acting like, well, 13-year-olds, unable to keep their hands off each other the entire night. Hats off to them, I say. But it's not going to happen to me that way. It's just so clear-cut it won't.

The most obvious sign was after the temple service, when I bumped into the Rabbi. Without even trying, we fell into conversation about love, life and spirituality. After a couple of minutes, it was clear I had more connection with this young, married cleric than I'd had with Dates 1-8 put together.

Which doesn't mean I'm going to give up my search. I'm just going to go about it in a different way. What that is, I'm not sure. But I figure if I'm patient another sign will lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment