Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Next Round

Okay, okay. I know I've been gone, almost three months now. Just like that, poof, as if I'd given up on this whole thing, this searching seriously for a soul mate.

Not at all. It was just that my escapades with various man, dating willy-nilly this one and that, none ever evolving into so much as a passing fancy, got me wondering what was up with my inner workings.

Which in turn led to some serious investigation that earlier in the summer seemed too intimate to share. Better to stop cold, without even a simple goodbye.

Wimpy? Yes it was. Right when I was getting to the good stuff, the heart of the matter - that being my shtick - sure enough, then and there, I wimped out.

It's easy to see others' flaws, particularly those of the opposite sex. But to say, "Whoa, stop right there honey, and take a good look at yourself, blemishes and all," is another business entirely.

But I did it. And here I stand, makeup-free, ready to climb back into the ring. No running scared this time, or at least I'll try not to, when, as inevitably will be the case, I come face-to-face with the difficult task of being human.

No comments:

Post a Comment